9/28/11

3D Shoe Display and Other Stuff

I got a request from my buddy at Busy Hands Ceramics at our local flea market in Conyers, GA to make some shoes to display nail polish. I also made a page of Delta Sigma Theta symbols, cut from red glossy vinyl, for her ceramic shoes that sell like hotcakes!  This vinyl, I just noticed yesterday, has a life expectancy of like 5 years, which is cool.  I made a vinyl wall design a year or two years ago and it still looks great and there is no residue when I pull it from the wall to check on it.  This stuff is awesome and very easy to cut and weed.  I hesitated to buy it when I saw the price, but once I took the plunge.......well worth the money for sure.

I found this shoe template from Skip to My Lou to use to hold the nail polish. My buddy’s shoe displays won’t be decorated; I just used K&Company’s Brenda Walton Designer Paper, which is double-sided. Sarah wanted her shoes to have a solid color inside so the pattern wouldn’t interfere with the nail polish colors, so I used Michael’s Black Recollections cardstock.

Here are the two files you will need:
Witch Shoe
Witch Shoe Inside


I tried to make my own version of this template.  I wanted a closed toe shoe so I added a front toe flap.  I also added a flower cut out on the sides.




Anyway, hope you like them.

I have some faux stitching ideas for the shoes too, but I have to wait until I can get a hold of a pen tool holder that allow me to use my Ultra Fine Mini Sharpies. So far I have been using the pencil grips to hold the markers, but I haven't perfected that yet.


On my shoe, I used Color Box Fluid Chalk. This stuff is awesome when you need dimension. Depending on your project, you can get an old world look too. I use brown a lot on ripped edges to make pages look worn.  I use the color chalk that coordinates with the paper for the shoe I decorated.  When I use Black paper, I use a fluid chalk color based on the bling or other embellishments I will be using.

Anyway folks, happy craftin'. Chat with ya soon. :-)

Gina

2 comments: