4/4/12

Birthday Card for My Friend's Mom - Chipboard

Hey Folks

Here's my latest hardcover birthday card or chipboard birthday greeting card.  I used a lot of heat embossing on this one and of course I had to add some of my charms.

The bottle die cut was designed by me (it's supposed to be a perfume bottle).  The design on the cap of the bottle, at least the flourish, was placed on the paper with the Pazzles pen tool (the flourish is also a Pazzles image).  The shoes are from the Cricut Forever Young cartridge.  Once I printed the image on the top, I added her initials and heat embossed the whole thing to seal it.

The design on the bottle is from The Paper Studio's Flourish Fusion With Foil Cardstock pack.  Oh, the gold paper is ColorBok from Walmart.

The front and back cover are .022 chipboard covered with that paper I mentioned earlier that I could not cut on my die cut machine, The Paper Studio Black Cardstock paper (I had to use my trimmer to cut to size to fit the chipboard.

I used one whole set of charms on this card.  I tied them onto embroidery string, taped the string to the back of the cardstock and glued the cardstock down with Glossy Accents.

I used the binding technique to keep the two covers together.  I have a key stamp I used to stamp on the binding and in some areas around and inside the card.

I also used some rhinestuds, flatback pearls, and a strip of brown ribbon.

The tag is hanging on embroidery string too.  I wanted it to dangle, so I didn't glue it down.








No comments:

Post a Comment