4/15/12

Small Shadow Box Created with Pazzles Inspiration Pro 2010 Software

Here’s my latest design using the Pazzles software.  This is the first time I’ve attempted to make a shadow box with the software (I’ve made shadow boxes manually).





It took me a long time to get to this point because I couldn’t get the measurements right even though the software showed width and height were exactly what I wanted.
The base box and the cover are chipboard.  I covered the inside of the base box and the front cover with GCD Studios Antiquities paper collection (I also created the inside tiny boxes and cut from black Recollections paper), but painted the outside of the base box with acrylic paint (used a couple of stamps and heat embossed first), then sealed it with Mod Podge.  The window is a piece of clear acetate from my die-cut mat.
The outside charms are from B’Sue Boutiques.  The flat back pearl, blue and pink flower, and the Paris charm on the inside are also from her shop.  The other pieces inside the box were made by me during my jewelry making days (UTEE and polymer clay pieces).
When putting the box together, I glued down one cover flap and used Velcro on the opening flap.
When I make my next shadow box, I will not use a wet glue to lay down my paper.  For some reason I forgot about that bubble look - yuk.
One thing I have to figure out is how to adhere acetate.  It seems that no glue will stick it down securely.
Ok, until next time.....

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment