5/7/12

Trinket Trunk SVG File

Here’s a little box I made after doing some research on suitcases.  I found a trunk that I really like, so I created this box in my Pazzles software.  My box is taller than the trunk I used for inspiration, but it’s ok.


Normally, I would have used chipboard for this project, but I don’t have any on hand, so I used the Paper Studios Fusion cardstock collection.
It took me quite a while to make this box, but the fun part was putting it all together, even though there are 48 total pieces.
The silver pieces I cut from Wassau 110lb White cardstock and used Silver pigment ink and embossing powder on them to give them a little shine and some color. The brown pieces along the edges is DCWV the Natural cardstock stack.  After I adhered the pieces on I added hotfix rhinestuds to give the trunk a little bling.
After I put it all together, I put High Gloss Mod Podge on some areas, and then I added the chains on the sides to keep the lid from moving so much (attached with brads).  I am thinking that if I had used chipboard the top would have been much sturdier.  I do like the chains on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment