3/19/13

Not getting round holes? Pazzles Rhinestone Tip or Two (Pazzles Inspiration Pro Software) -

NOTE:  I've had to recreate this because Google+ deleted all my blog files.  If an image is missing or whatever, let me know (Jan 2014).

Hey all

If you use the Pazzles Inspiration Pro Software and want to start using the rhinestone feature OR can't figure out why your rhinestones holes are not round after cutting, here's a tip:  be sure to check ***Enhanced Cut Accuracy under Options in the cut panel.  Also, I found out something else from the Pazzles forum - it is important that the pressure is not too high or you will get oval shaped holes.


Using an old blade, my settings were Blade Depth: 3, Pressure:  35, Speed: 3 and I kept getting oval shaped holes!  After reading the post on the forum I decided to do a test on the pressure thing.  I changed my blade depth to 3.5, Pressure to 30, and speed to 3 (this will be less with a new blade).  Worked like a charm!  So, the key is to make the pressure as low as possible while still being able to cut through your rhinestone material.




Another tip is that in the software, it is better to have bigger text than smaller text.  With smaller text I find that I have to take out some of the holes (or make more adjustments) than if I had made the text taller and wider.




 Notice that there are more holes than in the smaller text and a little more curves.

***To get to Enhanced Cut Accuracy:  Click on the Cut Project button in the Pazzles Pro 2010 software (make sure you have done all updates because there is an update for this version of the software).  Click on the Options button.




Check the box for Enhanced Cut Accuracy (I would also check the box for the Start Point Orientation because that selection seem to close my circles better (or I could be imagining things, lol)).



Good luck with getting round circles with the software.  I have felt your frustration, but keep in mind that it is possible to get those circles round.

Ok, those are my tips for today. Take Care.

Gina

P.S. If you like chipboard die-cuts visit my Etsy shop at http://etsy.com/shop/CraftyChipboard.

You can also get Pazzles Pro software updates by clicking on Help on the toolbar in the software.  Then click on Internet Pazzles Online, then scroll on over to Software Updates and click on it.  Read the instructions carefully on the update page or you might download the wrong updates.  Also, I will tell you now:  You may have to do the updates multiple times before it works right.  I'm not sure why, but many others have had to do the same. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, I've been trying to figure out this OVAL thing and has been driving me crazy.
    Do you have an email where I can send you a picture of three million attempt
    UGGG, so frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time and helping me figure it out...I will try updating today, step by step

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for contacting me also because it helped me add more info to this blog post. :-) You can call anytime.

      Delete