4/22/13

Steampunk Blue Denim Canvas Wall Hanging

I had never used canvas panels before.  I am not even sure of the official name of it, but I decided to create a little something using the image transfer technique (the base of the artwork).  I think it turned out pretty good.

All I have to do now is figure how to hang it up since it is thinner than what I am accustomed to working on.  Some people say I should use whatever people use to hang plates, so I will do more research on that idea.  Another idea I have is to put it in a frame similar to a shadow box.

Lots of real metal watch parts on this piece.  I glued them on one by one! I'm calling this piece Steampunk Blue Denim since the paper I used reminds me of denim.

Here’s a couple of views for you.  Hope you like it.



Materials Used:
Scrapbook Paper Die-Cuts
Glossy Mod Podge
Metal Watch Parts
Chipboard Die-Cuts
Embossing Powder
Metal Clock
Journey Stamp
Rhinestuds
Gold Pigment Ink (edges of the canvas mostly)

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment