4/5/13

Tech News Tip: Exclude certain channels or terms from your YouTube Search

Have you ever wanted to exclude some YouTube channels or specific terms from your search on YouTube?

In the search box I want to search for “how to sew a button”, but I keep getting this particular channel I don’t care for or I am getting videos that don’t really pertain to my search - like crochet buttons.  So, for instance, I don’t care for expertvillage videos because they are too short and out of order and I do not want to see anything about crochet buttons.  This is how I type my search without the quotes:  “how to sew a button  -expertvillage -crochet” (make sure the - is in front of each term).  This way I don’t get any of expertvillage videos or any videos about crochet buttons.  You can do this for any channel or search term.

By the way, this type of search is called a Boolean search.  It helps to narrow down searches so that you don’t have so many listings you don’t want to see.  This is considered an advanced search.

Have fun and I hope this helps ya.

Gina

_________________________________________________________

Visit my Etsy Shop to find SVG files! :-)

If you're a programmer or know someone who is a programmer, pass along this link to order some t-shirts.  Order in increments of 3 and get your order faster.

For African themed designs order here.  Limited Editions.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wrote this four years ago. I'll check it out to see how it works. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
    2. ok, I just tried this again. It does indeed still work. I did notice though that I had to hit the magnifying glass again for it to take affect.

      Delete