10/27/13

I can't buy stamps with sentiments on them!


Call me crazy, but I can’t buy stamps with sentiments on them.  I remember when I started crafting in 2009-2010 after a very long hiatus.  I bought a Merry Christmas and a Thank you stamp.  I felt awkward buying the stamps, but wasn’t sure why at that moment.  I soon realized I was wasting money since I could have printed the sentiment out and adhered it to whatever I wanted it on or handwritten it.  I have not bought a sentiment stamp since then because I find ways to incorporate it nicely onto my project or I use my Pazzles die-cut machine to write the sentiment onto my paper.

I can understand why some people buy the sentiment stamps.  Some people say they buy the stamps because their own handwriting is not good, the stamping is quicker, the font is nice, etc.  I’m just cheap.  I can’t buy the sentiment stamps at all.  I have lots of fonts on my PC and I have access to sites with gorgeous fonts for me to download.

I have purchased other types of stamps locally, but they were on sale (can you say dollar bin?).  The stamps I have the most of are The Greeting Farm Stamps.  I love The Greeting Farm Stamps! I must admit though that any stamp I purchase MUST be on sale, I must think I will use it multiple times, and it must be at a price I think is decent.  I also prefer rubber stamps as opposed to the acrylic ones.

Why do you purchase sentiment stamps?  Why do you NOT purchase sentiment stamps?  I bet you’re not alone.

Gina

2 comments:

  1. Gina, I just found your blog because I googled "why purchase sentiment stamps when you can make your own" and your blog was the only reference I found.

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm onboard with you.

    Crafting, IMHO, is an expensive hobby so we need to save $ where we can so this is one of the best ways and can save you a ton!

    I've also been researching electronic cutting machines to help save on having to purchase dies for matching stamp images. Although they are an investment, when I went over my inventory of die supplies and the dates I purchased them, I discovered that in the span of one year that I had spent over $300.00, which almost covers the cost of an electronic cutting machine.

    I have found that there are "some issues" with each of the machines I've been looking at so I've been waiting for these issues to be "ironed out". What are your thoughts on electronic diecutting machines Gina?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy

      Thank you for stopping by.

      I have only had 2 die-cutting machines. I had the Cricut Expressions for about a year or two. I now have the Pazzles Inspiration die-cut machine (they have a new one out now called the Invue).

      I can't imagine not having a die-cut machine. I will always have one. They are much faster than the way I used to craft....cutting everything out by hand.

      To me, die-cutters save money. Instead of buying die-cuts I get to make them myself. I also get to make die-cuts that are not on the market, this in itself makes a die-cut machine so worth having.

      I do recommend you try a die-cut machine, but first think about what type of material you're most interested in cutting because some of the machines can't cut thick material. I like my Pazzles machine because I can cut .022 chipboard and grungeboard, which is about as thick as I go.

      Delete