10/7/13

3D Payphone


Here is the beginning construction- the part I call "the fitting".  I used ATG tape to temporarily hold pieces together so I can see what needs to be modified.  This particular version of the old payphone can be hung on the wall because I added holes in the back in the Pazzles wpc file.  I was going to try to make the ear part 3D, but decided to just let it be flat (I may make a Pazzles wpc file of just a 3D version of the ear piece once I can "see" it in my head).  The cord piece will be shown in my final version.

Here’s a photo of the finished old payphone in black.




I decided to make the first old payphone plain - black, white, and silver.  When I do this again, I'll bling it out or at least give it its own personality (depends on who I make one for). 

The photo doesn’t show it clearly, but I sealed in the acrylic paint with glossy mod podge.  I really love the finished product!

Here's a smaller red version (Nov 6, 2014):



Here are some videos showing how I assembled this project:







Take a look at my telephone booth here.

Gina

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time visiting your blog. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danita

      Thank you very much. Thank you for stopping by and commenting too. :-)

      Delete