3/26/16

Learning to Airbrush

I just got a new toy!  An airbrush kit! Thank you to my guardian angel for sending it to me.

Ok, this airbrushing thing is not as easy as I thought it would be.  Nope.  I have a lot to learn, especially how to control the trigger on the dual action airbrushes.

Here are my first two practice pieces.  This is my first real airbrush test using a design I created for a heat transfer vinyl project.



 The dual action is messier.  I think I had the PSI too high for a beginner (60PSI).  I also ended up with a line going through the face.  uggghhh!

The single action piece was a lot cleaner, but I messed up when I went back over the black and I forgot to fill in the islands on the stars.  Filling in the islands on the dual action side was a challenge.

I will practice more with the dual action brush because I like the trigger action,  The single action is really for base coating I believe.

I'll be posting more to show my progress.  I practiced on paper, but I will mostly be airbrushing t-shirts.

Heading back over to youtube to see what other tips I can get.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment