4/13/16

Airbrush Practice Artist Trading Cards

Here's a couple of airbrushed 2.5" x 3.5" wooden rectangles I painted and named Girl Power.  The main colors on these were painted on using a paint brush.

The stencil faces were cut from Oracal 651 vinyl so I could airbrush in the design. The image itself is from the image gallery in the Pazzles Pro 2010 software.

I learned a lesson when I was working on the black background piece.  I used the Apple Barrel acrylic paint, but when I airbrushed in the white opaque paint I realized I had not covered all the edges.  I then tried to use black paint to airbrush over the white overspray.....NOT!  Totally different look (even though you probably can't see the ugly contrast in this photo).



The blue background piece is much better as far as the spraying goes because I made sure all areas where I did not want to airbrush was covered.  I decided to do two colors on the words.  The copper splashes are Super Copper Pearl Ex (that was added right after I painted the blue color on the wooden piece).  I added a screw on the back just in case I want to hang it on something.



These two are just practice pieces.  I have a ton of other ideas for airbrush designs.  :-)  I'm also practicing using the airbrush.  I'm still a rookie with it.  :-)

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment