5/7/17

Cricut Design Space First Review

I like the Cricut Explore Air, but the software takes a bit of getting used to.  I'm so used to designing my own cut files in the Pazzles software and cutting my own creations.  With Design Space I'm so limited.

I wish Provocraft would allow the users to at least download their own creations to their computers. For instance, I have a flower I want to do a print and cut on.  Cricut has a nice upload feature that allows for cleaning a background off a jpg with ease. Once I clean this background off, I would like to be able to use it in my other software.  Many times I upload files I've created into Design Space, then find I need to make an edit.  I can't edit the file in Design Space, so I have to go back to my design software, edit, convert the file, again, to SVG so I can upload to Design Space.  I just don't understand why they don't allow us to download our OWN files.

Design Space 3 is available now in beta.  There has been some improvements, but there is also some down sides.  They are still working on the software so I won't be too hard on them.  Right now though there's another little problem.  I have to select my device after every single cut in my projects.  It wasn't this way in the previous version and it's annoying to have to select the device over and over again when I only have that one device.

I also wish I could name and edit the name of different pieces directly in the software.  That would really help with organization for me.  I also wish we could select multiple files to delete from My Projects instead of one at a time.

Sometimes I wonder if Provocraft have actual users in their quality control department, if they have one.  I guess the buyers are their quality control team.

Anyway, I'm hoping that some of my wants will be addressed with this software.  The good thing is that the new version does not have Flash, but the Beta version is making me download a plugin over and over again.  I've read where people who are using bluetooth are the ones having this problem.  My take on that is that if you can't correct this annoyance for bluetooth users, why sell a machine advertising the use of bluetooth?

All in all, I do like the software.  The print and cut is awesome.  Very accurate.  The other thing I like about the Explore Air is how quiet it is.  I can cut at midnight and no one can hear it cutting.  That is a big plus.

Gina Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment